Step 1: Create your Traffic Ad (traffic destination is Messenger)
Step 2: In the Ad set up (edit mode), Click on “Set Up Messenger Content”
You can use pictures, text and buttons to deliver an engaging candidate experience.
How to edit the Messenger Content (Pop Up Screen)
Method A: Using the Quick Creation tab (faster)
- Introductory Text: Use this as Headline (of sorts) when the candidate first arrives in messenger (after clicking the Advertisement)
- Message Format: Option to use just Text or Image & Text
- Fill Message Text: This should be the text that candidates see before continuing with the application. Use this to create awareness about the position and/or reinforce the requirements of the role or even list down the steps involved in the interview process.
- Image (if “Image & Text” format is chosen): Include an image that resonates with the position(s) you are advertising, or tied to the company culture
- Buttons: The buttons add a great visual direction to the candidates and a great tool for improving the user experience. Set up the buttons by filling the following:
- Label: This is the text that appear on the button. You could simply have 1 button which says, “Get Started” or have multiple buttons which can redirect candidates to different job positions in the Chatbot
- Action: You can either select “Open Website” or “Send a Postback” (“postback” allows you to send specific commands to the bot, for e.g. job selection). Basically, this specifies what the button is supposed to do
- Website URL, if Open Website (or Payload, if Postback is selected): This fills the value of the action you selected (above). If you want the button to open a link, this field should be filled with the URL. For Talkpush Chatbot job selection, you can use the messenger URL of each job position or Talkpush campaign and candidates will be able to select the job
Method B: Using the JSON Creation tab (for advanced users)
This tab allows you to directly edit the code behind the messenger welcome text/actions. You can set the messages, the content, the button, etc. by simply altering the source code.
All this configuration pays off in a beautiful candidate Experience, which is effortless, seamless and offers candidates increased clarity, awareness & context about the role.